July 29, 2020
We have compiled a complete checklist to help you choose all the items you need for your first hammock setup. For further resources be sure to check out our Beginners Guide to Choosing the Right Hammock.
- Hammock – Discover and compare our different styles to find the right fit for you.
- Hammock body: Zippered/Netted or Netless
- Bug protection: Zippered bugnet or topcover, bottom entry bugnet or socks
- Stuff Sack: Normally included with most hammocks.
- (Optional) Storage Accessories: Ridgeline organizer, peak shelf, storage pocket, etc.
- Tarp: Asym, Hex, Rectangle, Winter, etc.
- Ridgeline Suspensions: Continuous Ridgeline or Separated Ridgeline (will need a pair for separated ridgeline. See this video for more info)
- Ground Tieouts: The number of ground tieouts you will need is dependent on the tarp style you choose.
- Stakes: The number of stakes you will need is dependent on the tarp style you choose.
- Stuff Sack: Normally included with most tarps
- (Optional) Tarp Sleeves
- (Optional) Insulation