Lightweight Camping Hammocks
Ultralight Camping Hammocks
With high-quality, lightweight products, ultralight hammock camping is comfortable and efficient. Lightweight hammocks provide the best sleep possible without adding massive amounts of weight that you’ll have to carry all day. DutchWare sells the best lightweight camping hammocks for camping and backpacking enthusiasts. Whether you’re an expert or new to ultralight hammock camping, we’ll help you find everything you need.
What to Consider When Buying a Camping Hammock
Before you start shopping for a hammock, here are some key points to consider.
- Purpose – How will you use your hammock? When you answer this question, think about the climates where you typically camp and your favorite outdoor activities. Campers often stick to one spot while backpackers move around every day. Backpackers will want easier hammocks to transport, while campers want a hammock they can set up and leave for a few days at a time.
- Size – Hammock size is often standard and works for most campers and backpackers. For those who require more room, wide hammocks offer 13 additional inches of space.
- Weight – Your needs will change depending on how you plan to use your hammock. For backpacking, a lightweight hammock is essential for long distances. For camping, a more durable and heavy option may serve you better.
- Length – Most single hammocks range between eight and 12 feet long. Backpacking and camping hammocks typically range from 10 to 12 feet. For especially tall backpackers, the 12 Footer is a great option. It provides the most length for superior comfort while sleeping.
- Fabric – The hammock fabric you choose depends on your usage, the climate, and more. Breathable fabrics are essential for comfort, as are waterproof materials for harsh conditions. You’ll also want a strong fabric that you can trust to hold your weight. DutchWare offers variants of Hexon fabric, like the 200-pound rating Hexon 1.0 to the 350-pound rating Hexon 1.6.
- Accessories – Hammock accessories can make camping or backpacking easier and more comfortable. Hammock socks can add warmth, and organizers and storage pockets provide easier access to necessities. Accessories for your hammock can improve your overall experience and prepare you for any circumstance.