August 20, 2021
The 5 Best Hiking Trail Apps for 2021
You rely on your phone’s apps every day. Why not add a hiking trail app (or five) to the mix?
The right hiking app can help you stay safer and get more from every excursion. Plus, you can track your hikes and bookmark your favorite places.
We’ve evaluated several of the hottest hiking trail apps on the market. Below are five of our favorite picks. Try one or all to figure out the best fit for your hiking adventures.
Hiking Trail Apps to Try in 2021
What are some of the hottest trail apps for the 2021 hiking season? Here are five awesome choices that are simple to download:
- AllTrails: AllTrails features over 200,000 hiking trails in one place. You can sort and find trails by length and filter them by kid-friendliness, dog-friendliness, difficulty and more. With a 4.9 rating on the Apple App Store, this app’s a keeper.
- PeakVisor: This platform is one of the coolest hiking apps you can imagine. If you’ve ever wondered what peaks you’re on or which mountains surround you, you’ll appreciate PeakVisor. In a single look, you can see where you are in relation to all other terrains. Find your altitude in a moment and get a better understanding of where on Earth you are — literally.
- Hiking Project: This app works offline — sweet! Plus, you have access to over 240,000 trails that have been curated by a community of hikers. Upload photos of your own trailblazing and feel like part of the pack. You’ll love being a part of the Hiking Project, especially when one of your images is used by the Hiking Project team.
- ViewRanger: This platform is hands-down one of the more valuable hiking apps because it provides tremendous GPS abilities wherever you go. You don’t even need a phone signal for ViewRanger to help you get your bearings and navigate the safest route from points A to Z. As a side note, many rescue teams rely on ViewRanger, which makes it a trusted resource.
- Seek by iNaturalist: What’s that plant? Tree? Bird? Pull up Seek, take a photo and let the app’s backend coding figure out the rest. Seek helps you get a better sense of the natural world you love so much. Plus, you’ll instantly know which flora to avoid touching. This is a wonderful app to have if you’re teaching a budding hiker such as a child or teen. Kids love to learn about the green spaces they traverse!
Hike With Security: Download the Best Hiking Apps Today
A safe hike is a fun hike. In addition to prepping for your hike by ordering all the gear you need, be sure your phone’s equipped for an amazing adventure, too.
Not sure what you need for your next day or overnight hike? Get in touch with the team at DutchWare. We’re happy to share our insights so you can find the right items to stay warm and comfortable while you explore the great outdoors.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.