Shop Lightweight Hammock Tarps
One of the toughest things about hammock camping is the constant exposure to the elements. You can protect yourself from blustery and wet conditions with ultralight hammock tarps during your next backpacking trip. We have a variety of tarp sizes to fit your camping gear set up no matter what dimensions you need.
How to Choose The Right Hammock Rain Tarp for Your Camping Needs
Choosing a rainfly comes with many considerations. Depending on the weather, the length of your trek, and your skill level, you may need different gear.
Here are some factors to think about when choosing a rain tarp for your next outdoor adventure:
- Weight: You’ll want an ultralight hammock tarp for easy transport, especially if you plan to hike long distances where every pound of gear matters.
- Weather: Consider the weather in the area you plan to camp. If the forecast looks clear, a lighter and smaller tarp might suffice. For windier and rainier locations, you may need a tarp with added weather protection to keep you warm and dry, like an enclosed hammock tarp with doors.
- Size: Your hammock tarp should be at least six inches longer than your hammock on each end. This length is ideal for good weather. If you may encounter more inclement weather, you’ll want a bigger tarp to seal you in.
- Ease of use: If you’re a beginner to hammock camping, consider a camping tarp that is easy to set up, like DutchWare’s Asymmetrical Tarps. More experienced campers and backpackers can try the Hex tarps for enhanced protection.
- Material: You’ll want a lightweight, waterproof tarp material for protection from the elements. DutchWare offers tarps in Xenon fabric and Dyneema® Composite Fabric. Both are waterproof, and Dyneema® Composite Fabric is ultralightweight.
Check out our tips on hammocking in the rain for advice on how to stay dry while camping.
Types of Hammock Tarps We Offer
How do you find the right ultralight hammock tarp for your next camping trip? We have a wide variety of tarp options to choose from:
- Winter hammock tarps: Perfect for cold weather, these tarps keep warm air in and protect against freezing temperatures and cold wind.
- Hammock hex tarps: Shaped slightly differently than square tarps, these can offer slightly better protection than a square tarp.
- Asym Hammock Tarps: Asymmetrical tarps are for those who want ultimate lightweight hammock set up.
- Rectangle Hammock Tarps: These tarps give campers more flexibility than their square tarp counterparts.
- Wide Hammock Tarps: These tarps are able to cover more than just you and your hammock.
- Dyneema Hammock Tarps: Dyneema hammock tarps are the highest quality tarps on the market. They carry an outstanding strength-to-weight ratio and feature ultralight weather protection for hardcore campers.